Pages

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Oldhammer - Music to die for...

Challenge accepted Erny!

Although I don't have a Chaos warband (yet!) and so no eternally damned champion who's entrance on battle needs a suitably grandiose fanfare here's my choice anyway - which actually fits quite well with my contribution to the Oldhammer Day - hordes of Orcs bearing down on the doomed village of Orc's Drift -more of which shortly.

Were I to chose an Iron Maiden track (good choice of band Erny!) it'd have to be this...


However, Maiden's been done and I'm not big on the whole Thrash metal thing.

So how about a bit of British Blues/Prog Rock in the form of the Groundhogs -


13 comments:

  1. Maiden's not thrash, it's NWOBHM! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah sorry - I probably wasn't very clear! I love Maiden and was referring to some of the other bloggers' suggestions

      Oh and much as I like the band (A Real Dead One was the first cassette I ever bought!) I had to google NWOBHM!

      Delete
  2. I like Maiden, that's a Run To The Hills is a pretty good choice. But I'd still go with Motorhead's "Iron Fist".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I could definitely go with a bit of Motorhead too!

      Delete
  3. Didn't know groundhog, now do, I've been educated by the educator. Very yard birds sometimes I'm in that RnB mood.

    Think we may have to add to Zhus list and have a play list for the day no?



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan - glad you liked them. They can be a bit rough around the edges at times but there's a fair few classic tracks in there.

      I'll have to go check out Spottify...

      Delete
    2. 3744 James Road and Groundhog Blues are another couple of stand out tracks - not sure about the 2001 reference in the last video, but I like it!

      Delete
  4. You will probably miss this post mate; you have an cracking taste in music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all! I do try and check through older posts for comments that might need a reply :)

      Having put me onto Bo Hanson and his Lord of the Rings album I can but return the compliment!

      Delete
  5. Going 80's-tastic how about some early Mortiis? The stargate was D'n'D in musical form... hmm, not sure that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting looking fella - not heard of them before!

      Delete
    2. He used to be the bassist for Emperor, not sure what they made of his solo project!

      Delete